SPRINT CAR INSIDER- Driver Exclusive. CONCORD, Ca. (September 28, 2018) – Joey Ancona is all but set to wrap up the super 600 title at Lemoore Raceway this weekend as he heads in the Budweiser Grand Prix points finale 104 points ahead of second, Raio Salmon.
Lemoore Raceway has been good to the rocket in 2018. With 6 wins, 5 quick times, 11 top 5s and only one finish outside of the top 10 due to the wing coming apart, he has clearly been the dominant force at Lemoore Raceway this season.
This weekend serves as the second year in a row Ancona comes into the points finale with the title on the line. Last season he had a shot at it as well when he and Tucker Worth came into the double points finale locked in a steadfast title fight. Ancona was a force in 2017, but not quite as dominant as 2018. The only way for Worth to win last years title was to qualify quick time and win the race. Unfortunately for Ancona, he did just that.
The rocket ended the 2017 season 2nd in points by the slimmest of margins. This season things have been close between him and Raio Salmon but his consistency has been impeccable. Also worth noting is the fact Ancona’s main title rival, Raio Salmon, will not be present at the races this weekend. That being said Ancona holds a 146 point advantage over 3rd, Ben Worth.
With plans to move into full-time sprint car racing next season, the rocket is poised to leave his micro sprint career as a champion. Not only is he looking at the Lemoore Raceway title but his consistency has fared him well in the King of California Series.
Heading into next weekends King of California finale Ancona holds a 49 point advantage over Raio Salmon. Only two rounds remain it’s sure to go down to the wire.
As for the task at hand Ancona has done everything in his power to prevent being in the same scenario as last year. Merely showing up and taking laps should be enough to wrap up the title.
Catch Joey Ancona in action next this weekend at –
Budweiser Grand Prix/ Points Finale
Saturday, September 29, 2018
- Make sure to follow Sprint Car Insider on Facebook, @SCI_updates on twitter or visit our website – sprintcarInsider.co for or all of the updates on all of our driver as they continue their assault on the 2018 campaign.
- Sprintcsrinsider.co – https://sprintcarinsider.co/
- Facebook: Sprint Car Insider – https://www.facebook.com/sprintcarinsider/
- Twitter: @SCI_updates – https://twitter.com/SCI_updates
- Instagram: – @sprintcarinsider
To follow the Budweiser GrandPrix be sure to follow:
@tzonepromotions on Facebook
@LemooreRaceway on Twitter
@tzone_lre on Instagram
Or follow Joey Ancona personally at
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/joeyancona88A
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joeyanconaracing88A/
- Instagram: @joeyanconaracing
2018 Season Stats:
Joey Ancona #88a, Super 600
Top 5s: 22
- Interested in obtaining Sprint Car Insiders services or becoming a marketing partner? We have options available for all levels of support. We strive to leverage the most effective means of adding value to our partners with unique, but proven practices.
Feel Free to give a ring or shoot an email anytime – Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call (559) 284-2438 for more details.
Sprint Car Insider is the exclusive print division of DIRT CO Media House. Covering everything from Jr Sprints to the world of Outlaws SCI is your source for behind the scenes information, up to the minute coverage and racing entertainment.
On Deck for Joey Ancona
King of California Rd. 15
October 5, 2018
King of California Rd, 16
October 6, 2018
- Make sure to follow us for the latest in breaking developments and up to the minute updates on all of your favorite drivers:
Facebook: Sprint Car Insider
JJ Cox -
Lead Contributor of Sprint Car Insider.
Sole Proprietor of Prodigy Race Promotions.
Current Freelance Announcer with educated broadcast experience.
Media Relations Advisor.
Fresno State Bulldog - Broadcasting and Public Relations.
Grew up going to 50+ Sprint Car races a year and Raced Motocross for 10 years.
Die Hard Dirt Race Fan
Just a rolling stone.